Museo is a responsive WordPress theme that works great for museums, churches, city halls, schools, kindergartens and other educational institutions, charities, governmental and nongovernmental organizations.
The theme lets you choose the number of sidebars: on the left and right, only on the left, only on the right or no sidebars at all (full width).
1. In your admin panel, go to Appearance > Themes and click the Add New button.
2. Click Upload and Choose File, then select the theme’s .zip file. Click Install Now.
3. Click Activate to use your new theme right away.
How to setup the front page like the demo site
When you first activate Museo Lite, your homepage will display posts in a traditional blog format.
In Settings > Reading you must set WordPress to display “Your Latest Posts”, not a static page, otherwise you won’t have the same structure as the live demo.
If you would like to add the additional featured sections from the demo, you can do so by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings.
These are the widgets used in the live demo, if you’re looking to replicate the same structure:
The “EXPLORE THE RICH HISTORY OF SPRINGFIELD” block on the homepage (under the banner image) is created as a standard Text Widget added to the “Homepage: Welcome Message” widgetized area.
The three columns containing three featured pages (About the Museum / For Schools / Get Involved) are set up from Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings. Simply choose your 3 pages and they will show up.
If your pages don’t have a featured image then they will not be displayed correctly.
How to Add Menus to your Website
Our themes fully support Custom WordPress Menus. If you are not familiar with this feature, please check this in-depth video tutorial. In this video you will learn how to create and use menus in WordPress, as well as some additional tips and tricks using Menus.
The footer area contains 3 widgetized columns of equal width.
Quick Specs (all measurements in pixels)
- The main column width is 400.
- In full-width layout the content width is 960.
- The primary sidebar is 240 pixels wide and the secondary widget is 200 pixels wide.
- The featured image on the front page and on pages works best with images at least 300 wide.
- Featured Images for posts should be at least 300 wide.
- The footer widget columns are of equal width: 280.