- Getting Started
- Demo Content: One Click Import
- Logo & Customization
- Header Images
- Thumbnails Size
- Menu Configuration
- Custom Widgets
- Theme Support
1. Getting Started back to top
Before you start using our themes, we recommend that you take a look at the Getting Started Documentation page. It contains information about installing a WordPress theme, answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as some recommended plugins.
2. Demo Content: One Click Import back to top
This theme comes with a One Click Demo Import feature. To get started, please follow these steps.
1. Click the “Begin Installing Plugin” link in the Dashboard. This notice will appear automatically after theme activation.
If you have accidentally dismissed this notice, you can always reach the same page by going to Appearance > Install Plugins.
2. Install the One Click Demo Import plugin.
3. Activate the One Click Demo Import plugin.
4. After returning to the Dashboard, you should now be able to access the Appearance > Import Demo Content screen.
5. Select your preferred demo and click the blue Import button. Depending on your website’s speed, the Import process may take up to 5 minutes (it usually takes ~60 seconds).
3. Logo & Customization back to top
To customize some parts of the theme, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
The logo can be added from the Site Identity panel on the Customize page.
4. Header Images back to top
This theme displays large images (or a video) in the header of the website. The recommended size for header media is 1060×400.
4.1. Header Media on Homepage
To add a header image/video to the homepage, please go to Appearance > Customize > Header Media. The image or video uploaded here will be displayed on the homepage.
You can add multiple images and use the “Randomize uploaded headers” feature.
4.2. Header Media on Posts and Pages
This theme will automatically display the Featured Image of posts and pages when you open them.
You can control this feature by going to Appearance > Customize > Theme Settings > General > Featured Image Size.
5. Thumbnails Size back to top
Our themes use the native WordPress image uploader combined with a couple of custom images sizes, as defined in functions.php. Here is a list of custom sizes used by the theme:
- 1060×350 – used for the header images.
- 450×300 – used on archive pages and directory pages.
- 220×330 – used by the Featured Page widget.
6. Menu Configuration back to top
Our themes fully support Custom WordPress Menus. If you are not familiar with this feature, please check this in-depth video tutorial. In this video you will learn how to create and use menus in WordPress, as well as some additional tips and tricks using Menus.
7. Custom Widgets back to top
All of our themes come with custom widgets that add additional flexibility to the theme. All of our widgets can be used multiple times, so you don’t have to limit yourself to a single widget instance. The title for all of our widgets starts with Academia: , so you can easily identify them. Some examples of such widgets:
- Academia: Call to Action
- Academia: Featured Page
- Academia: Recent Posts
The School Live Demo of the theme uses the following widgets structure, in case you want to replicate the same content layout.
8. Theme Support back to top
If any problem occurs during the installation process, or if the theme for some reason behaves differently than expected, you can always rely on our AcademiaThemes Customer Support.