- Getting Started
- Logo & Customization
- Homepage Slideshow
- Thumbnails Size
- Menu Configuration
- Custom Widgets
- Theme Support
1. Getting Started back to top
If you want to have something like the live demo of the theme, then make sure that in Settings > Reading your Homepage displays “Your Latest Posts” instead of a static page.
Before you start using our themes, we recommend that you take a look at the Getting Started Documentation page. It contains information about installing a WordPress theme, answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as some recommended plugins.
2. Logo & Customization back to top
To customize some parts of the theme, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
The logo can be added from the Site Identity panel on the Customize page.
3. Homepage Slideshow back to top
This theme displays a slideshow of featured content (posts and pages) on the homepage.
Please follow these steps to create a homepage slideshow:
1. Create or edit one or multiple pages or posts.
2. On the right side of the Edit Post or Edit Page pages, you will find a custom meta box with custom features provided by the theme.
3. Make sure that your post or page has a Featured Image.
4. Check the checkbox for “Feature in Homepage Slideshow” and click “Update”.
Important: In order for the slideshow to work on the homepage, you have to go to Dashboard > Settings > Reading and set the homepage to display “Your Latest Posts”, NOT a static page.
4. Thumbnails Size back to top
Our themes use the native WordPress image uploader combined with a couple of custom images sizes, as defined in functions.php. Here is a list of custom sizes used by the theme:
- 1200×500 – used for the header and slideshow images.
- 580×870 – used on some archive pages and by the Featured Page widget.
- 580×380 – used on some archive pages and by the Featured Pages widget.
5. Menu Configuration back to top
Our themes fully support Custom WordPress Menus. If you are not familiar with this feature, please check this in-depth video tutorial. In this video you will learn how to create and use menus in WordPress, as well as some additional tips and tricks using Menus.
6. Custom Widgets back to top
All of our themes come with custom widgets that add additional flexibility to the theme. All of our widgets can be used multiple times, so you don’t have to limit yourself to a single widget instance. The title for all of our widgets starts with Academia: , so you can easily identify them. Some examples of such widgets:
- Academia: Call to Action
- Academia: Featured Page
- Academia: Featured Pages
- Academia: Recent Posts
The Live Demo for the theme uses the following widgets structure, in case you want to replicate the same content layout.
7. Theme Support back to top
If any problem occurs during the installation process, or if the theme for some reason behaves differently than expected, you can always rely on our AcademiaThemes Customer Support.