- Getting Started
- Logo & Customization
- Header Images
- Thumbnails Size
- Menu Configuration
- Custom Widgets
- Theme Support
1. Getting Started back to top
If you want to have something like the live demo of the theme, then make sure that in Settings > Reading your Homepage displays “Your Latest Posts” instead of a static page.
Before you start using our themes, we recommend that you take a look at the Getting Started Documentation page. It contains information about installing a WordPress theme, answers to some frequently asked questions, as well as some recommended plugins.
2. Logo & Customization back to top
To customize some parts of the theme, please go to Dashboard > Appearance > Customize.
The logo can be added from the Site Identity panel on the Customize page.
3. Header Images back to top
This theme displays large images in the header of the website. You can add your images to this block by going to Appearance > Header.
You can add multiple images and use the “Randomize uploaded headers” feature.
4. Thumbnails Size back to top
Our themes use the native WordPress image uploader combined with a couple of custom images sizes, as defined in functions.php. Here is a list of custom sizes used by the theme:
- 1100×400 – used for the header images.
- 580×380 – used on some archive pages and by the Featured Pages widget.
5. Menu Configuration back to top
Our themes fully support WordPress Custom Menus. If you are not familiar yet with this WordPress feature, please check the official WordPress Menu User Guide, which contains very detailed information about this feature.
Custom Menu Background Colors
When setting your main menu (the one at the top of the website, with different colored backgrounds), here’s what you have to do.
1. On the Appearance > Menus page click on “Screen Options” that appears in the top-right corner.
2. Check the box for “CSS Classes”.
3. Now if you click the down arrow for any item in your menu, you will have an extra “CSS Classes (optional)” input field.
4. Use any of these built-in CSS classes for your menu items: blue, blue2, green, green2, green3, orange, purple, red, red2, yellow.
This is what it looks like:
6. Custom Widgets back to top
All of our themes come with custom widgets that add additional flexibility to the theme. All of our widgets can be used multiple times, so you don’t have to limit yourself to a single widget instance. The title for all of our widgets starts with Academia: , so you can easily identify them. Some examples of such widgets:
- Academia: Call to Action
- Academia: Featured Page
- Academia: Featured Pages
- Academia: Recent Posts
The Live Demo for the theme uses the following widgets structure, in case you want to replicate the same content layout.
7. Theme Support back to top
If any problem occurs during the installation process, or if the theme for some reason behaves differently than expected, you can always rely on our AcademiaThemes Customer Support.