On this page you will find instructions on how to quickly import the demo content for our premium WordPress themes. Getting started with a new theme has never been easier.
One of the most frequent questions that a WordPress theme developer gets is “how to import the theme demo”? All types of theme users often prefer to get started with a new theme and have the demo data to play with. It’s one of the quickest ways to understand how the theme works, how the pages and widgets need to be set up, etc.
One Click Demo Import
To make our clients’ lives easier, all our most recent themes (Bradbury, Fleming, City Hall, Museo, Milton) now come with a convenient One Click Demo Import feature.
All you have to do is activate our theme and then follow the steps that appear on the screen. In short:
- You will be prompted to install and activate this plugin: One Click Demo Import
- A new option will become available to you in Dashboard > Appearance > Import Demo Content.
- Depending on the theme you bought from us, one or multiple theme demos will be available to be imported.
- You can choose whichever demo you prefer, click the Import button and wait for ~60-120 seconds until the process finishes.
- You will now have a complete replica of the chosen Theme Demo, with the exception of third-party widgets, which cannot be included for all.
Below you can find screenshots of what the process looks like in our Milton Theme.
Please note that this process might change a little bit in the future, so use these screenshots only as a general guide.
Users of Free Themes
Unfortunately this feature is not available in our free WordPress themes distributed via wordpress.org.